Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

Memoirs Of A Geisha

I am reading this book currently. Its one of my favorites now. I simply love the style of writing. for once I am obsessed with writing in first person. Secondly I find the writing very calm and serene, not giving in to emotions or situation. I like that monotony. I guess I have always been a fan of monotony simply for the sake of security it provides. Anyways, coming back to the book.
It doesnt have a grand plot or anything but just seems to flow with a finite direction. At many points I fail to understand the way protagonist's mind functions. It is on the occasions when her profession collides with her inner self. But then isn't it boring if we could predict every behaviour and reaction? 
Also it portrays a human's ability to protect an innocent part of themselves even when they have indulged in every kind of wrong doing. The profession of the girl required her to use every ounce of wit she possessed for survival, lie at every turn of life. Yet she nurtured her desire for the Chairman, away from every other part of herself.
I also adore the cover of this book. It's heartbreaking to see something so beautiful.
I wonder that's what we all do, striving all our life for one cause. Does the elimination of the goal take away our life? Or is it possible to exist without any longings?

0 comments:

Post a Comment