Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

Diwali Cleaning

Cleaning off my drawers and cupboards, throwing out obsolete stuff has always been a task I avoid doing. Not just because I am super lazy but also because it involves parting with old memories. This weekend, I disposed off my entire collection of newspapers and magazines I had collected some 3 years ago. All of these were the articles/ photos of an actor I was crazy about. I did not own a laptop back then and thus the luxury of having internet at my disposal evaded me. I had to sift through every day's entertainment section to get a glimpse. The newspapers were old, battered, yellowed and as my brother placed the pile in front of me, I was struck by both my stupidity and the fact that I managed to preserve these while my datesheets never survived beyond 2 days.
I disposed off almost all of them except the issues which had Team India winning the T-20 world cup (You have to be heartless to throw THAT away). It was almost like parting with an old friend who was once very close but now reduced to an accomplice. The newspapers took up space which can be now utilized more efficiently and I had not read them since over a year I think. But I really do wish I had unlimited space for storing things like these. Perhaps now I get the logic of 1TB hard drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment