Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

Lost...


I lifted my head weakly as I saw her retreating figure, slowly blurring because of the mist and darkness surrounding her. At first I did not realise what was happening- was she really growing smaller and smaller with every passing moment? The thought scared me and I shut my eyes to ignore the harsh truth staring at my face. I wanted to drown back in my dream- beautiful and wonderful where we were together and laughing.My reluctance creeped up my arms, slowly binding me. My ego and pride about the fact that ours was an unbreakable relation pushed me deeper in my momentary comfort. Her scream, distant yet audible roused me from my slumber. She had stopped but I could not see her face anymore. She was reduced to a dark shadow just like the people who used to exist in my life and had left courtesy my behaviour. She was the last one left. I couldn't see her pain, she hid it from me and this fact slashed across my heart, tearing it into pieces. I tried to raise my and stop her as she started drifting away again but I failed against the bonds binding me. She moved away until she was lost in the darkness andmy worst nightmare came true. My eyes were heavy again, not with sleep but with tears. I lashed against the forces holding me hostage . But it was too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment