Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

I can't fly

This is a personal experience. Felt like writing about it.
I went to my relatives' place. They had purchased a set of love birds. They were originally six, but two of them died. They were swinging around in their cage and I felt that the cage was actually too small for them. I asked my uncle if he had ever let them free. He replied, "They can't fly, they have been bred in captivity. I let them free once. They could barely touch the ceiling and they came back."
I wonder if this is kinder- Not teaching them how to fly so that they don't know what they missed. 
This is not about some animal rights or anything like that. I just wonder that incapacitating somebody mentally so that they dont even think about going against the dominance is something more humane than actually capturing a free bird. 

1 comments:

Hey, Hi

a thought...some thought...nice. atleast you thought about it...not many notice it.

 

Post a Comment