Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

Why men get stuck with gold diggers.

Another rant
It seems like I have been taking my classroom conversations a bit too seriously.
Yesterday, we were having a discussion about how beautiful, smart girls date dumb looking men just because they are rich. Gold diggers, as they call them. I, being me, was reminded of something else.
A few days ago there was an article in the newspaper about why men buy fancy cars when there is no space in the country to even park them, let alone drive them. What is the point of buying a a car that goes from 0 to 300 in 3 seconds when you can barely hit 80?(that too if you are lucky) Well, according to this research, this is known as 'pea-cocking' (Is anyone reminded of 17 Again??)
So basically, men do all this irrational expenditure to increase their chances of finding a sexy woman to show off. In other words, we are no better than animals who dance in the mating season, showing off their colors.
Deducing from these findings,I conclude that men(or even women) don't mind being loved for shallow reasons, no matter how much we deny it. If you are trying to impress a girl by riding a sports bike, you deserve to be dating a woman who is after your money. And vice versa of course.
It is a cruel world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment