Forgotten Memories

There is a time loneliness sets in, not from the people around me but from the ones inside me. Those are the moments I seek the pleasure of writing, and some of the pieces find their way into this collection.

Why my college sucks...

Hello again people. I seem to have decided to post every bit of useless and unproductive thoughts on this blog. But again, why else do people blog? 
I spent 2 months after my boards studying to get in this damm college. And obviously I am going to list why it sucks now-
1. It has claimed my sleeping time. I might have shifted my afternoon nap to evening nap, but its punctuated with guilt pangs now. I don't like my sleep being compromised. Ever.
2. I have to travel an hour to get there. Okay, there are people who travel more than that. But to walk through piles of discarded earth mounds every morning is not a pleasant way to start the day. Plus I still haven't figured out what makes the place smell so bad. 
3. Being a nice college, you would expect the place to have some consumable food. But Alas! All we have is a shared canteen where chowmein is cooked in grease and "Meggi" is a kind of soup. Enough said.
4. Nobody, I mean NOBODY knows about this college! And we cleared 3 fucking rounds to get here! My course BFIA has been called BA Final Year and Bachelors of Fine Arts. It stands for Bachelor of Financial and Investment Analysis. Where are those 15000 retards who sat for the exam? Kaha mar gaye sab ke sab?
5. Our college has a "unique" tradition. We call our lectures by their initials. Not the students, the management as well. We have PG, JK, SJ, PV, DK(Bhaag bhaag...), KB etc etc. printed on our timetables. I mean, who the hell calls their teachers like that? I would shoot the person who calls me AS. 
6. We have two buildings. I occupy the smaller one. It is strategically designed to block any kind of cross ventilation. Even if there is a thunderstorm outside, a single hair won't lift from my head. Can't you see the kind of focus we promote? Die of suffocation, if you have to but don't dare your nose come out of that textbook.
7. Hypocrites! Loads of them! They want, money, contacts, big school names, sponsorship for their useless events but nobody who can work hard. Wow, doesn't that sound like the real world? Yes, thats what they promised us- real corporate exposure.
8. No fiction in the library. This one was a serious heartbreaker. I almost checked every book in the library to find a decent one. All I could see were dusty volumes of Statistics and a shit load of stuff on something called as "MANAGEMENT". I will write another post on what exactly management is.
9. No common room. Which means we stink in our classroom during free lectures. Some of us flock to the library to get some artificial cool air which ultimately results in multiplied water intake and trips to the loo.
10. 75% attendance requirement. For every paper. Can we ask why are we being subjected to this torture when the whole university has the requirement as 66%? I think it is a some sort of conspiracy. Are these people taking revenge from us because they had to work their ass off for the admission process?
11. Useless posters. I accept they were attractive in the beginning but the college events are being promoted worse than Amir Khan movies. We have glazed paper posters of "COMING SOON" of events. Whatever happened to saving paper and environment? Isn't this the same college that houses SIFE? We even have a promotion video for one of the events. Just imagine! Check this out. The video is pointless but the music rocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZi52MA8mo
12. A sadistic disciplinarian in our department. I think all colleges have this species of teachers who simply love scaring the pants off innocent students. He loves to waste our 1 hour once a week break with his threats of how 1/5th of the batch fails every time and the class size becomes half by the time the course ends. Yeah yeah.
13. Such a small campus that you can't even take a walk around the place. Plus no secret corners where you could find druggies/drunkards/smokers. They all go outside to have fun. :(
Okay, let me end here. Otherwise I will go on and on and on. Feeling so much better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment